Monday, November 27, 2006

Interview With Bucket Fresh Studios

43005698_21413fdf28

You Can Check Out http://www.bucketfreshstudios.com For A New Short Interview I did With Them On My Work,Kool Site Tons Of Good Art And Design Stuff On There For All To Enjoy.....

BFS: Why don't you start by telling us where are you from and raised?

AKAYO: Im from the San Francisco bay area which was such a wonderful place to grow up,so much culture,which influenced my art and ways of life into my art these days.

BFS: How long have you been in the art scene and intrest?

AKAYO: ve been doing art my whole life,my mother was a artist so i grew up around creative minds of artist and visiting gallerys and museums at a young age..Ive been decroting city streets for about 11 years now and doing the hole gallery/museum thing for about 4 years now.

BFS: What are some of your influences or encouragements

AKAYO: My influences are walking the city streets of San Francisco,Writing On Walls,Creating Good Art, And just a pure passion of doing my art for everyone to enjoy. BFS: What type of mediums or materials do you prefer for your work?

AKAYO: I work in alot of mediums.I really enjoy working with found objects such as wood,books and just random objects i find around lurking the streets. Im a drawer,nothings like just sitting down with a ink pen and a nice sheet of paper letting your mind flow free with ideas.I also enjoy painting but my heart lays in drawing... .

BFS: What is your connect with mythos?

AKAYO: Mythos is a good friend of mine we both are like minded and enjoy kicking back bullshiting, creating wacky art and doodles...He's the man.He also silkscreens all my shirts..Watch out for some new collaberation projects between me and Mythos In the upcoming new year.We Got some shit to drop on the world,i dont know if people are ready for it.

BFS: Any type of hatred or beef with anyone?

AKAYO: ya its just apart of the Graffiti game but i dont talk about it i just handle it on the streets.Im not the person to have beef with ill make sure everything you put up i'll take out.I have more love than hate......

BFS: Type of music are you into?

AKAYO: everything from E-40,Slayer,Black Flag,Guru..whatever im in the mood for..lately its been cheesy 80's metal like warrent and motely crue......

BFS: Will BFS have the honor of hosting some of your artwork on our online galleries?

AKAYO: oh ya forsure,i hope everyone enjoys it and peeps out my website www.sitekreator.com/upvolm for art,tee shirts,buttons,prints,stickers and more goodies...Everyone stop by and pick something up so i can continue making art and traveling to a city near you.

BFS: Would BFS have the honor of hosting some of your work for display in our gallery?

AKAYO: oh ya forsure,i hope everyone enjoys it and peeps out my website www.sitekreator.com/upvolm for art,tee shirts,buttons,prints,stickers and more goodies...Everyone stop by and pick something up so i can continue making art and traveling to a city near you!
BFS: Any shout outs?

AKAYO: Shouts out to my Family,My Girl,My Cat,Ceze,Branded,Smear,All The RTH Dirt Bags,Dave and Holly at Peel Magazine,Dubstar,Anubis,Dave At Elevated,My Main Man Sticky Rick who prints all my stickers so if you need dope stickers check him out at stickyricks.net,Ert,The Mighty Mildred,Angela,Mark,Giraffa,Monkeyhouse Toys In LA,Space Gallery Crew and everyone who supports me with my art! Thanks Bro!

No comments: